You just had to know there was more uses for green tea than just drinking it!
Another good use for green tea leaves? In your beauty products!
Behold, the power of green tea. 😉
Making your own spa products with green tea can do several things:
- Leave your skin feeling clean and refreshed.
- Give your beauty products a clean, amazing scent.
There are a lot of spa-type beauty recipes floating around the internet, but this one is by far my favorite. It’s rich and creamy and leaves the skin feeling clean and refreshed. Besides, it’s super simple to make.
It would also make a great gift for your girlfriends, so keep this one on hand for the upcoming holidays. 🙂
This recipe includes Stephenson Brand’s Foaming Bath Butter as the base. (It’s paraben and MPG-free!) Then you add green tea leaves, peppermint essential oil, and sugar. That’s it! Super simple to make and it whips up beautifully.
OK, enough talking, let’s get down to the recipe so you can try it for yourself.
Whipped Green Tea & Mint Body Scrub
3-4 oz. Stephenson Brand’s Foaming Bath Butter
2-4 tsp. Mint Green Tea, crushed loose leaf
7 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Measure out and dump the bath butter into a clean mixing bowl.
- Add enough white sugar to reach desired ratio (approximately 50% bath butter and 50% sugar is a good place to start).
- Using your hand mixer, mix the two together until the bath butter has a creamy, smooth, whipped texture.
- Add in the tea leaves and the 7 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Mix the ingredients together well.
- Pour mixture into a container that seals tightly.
This recipe lathers up really well, but you can do a little experimenting with the other ingredients to get your ideal blend. Things to try:
- Use a coarser sugar to give it more exfoliant power.
- Try using green tea from a tea bag so you don’t have to crush your leaves first, just cut open a couple tea bags.
- Use a different “flavored” green tea and experiment with different essential oil scents.
This recipe is so easy that you can do several things to make it different. Great for when you’re making it as a gift for someone else who has different tastes. 🙂